But the seasoned car enthusiast from South Florida wasn’t fond of just any old Ford that you’d normally see on highways and always made sure that each of his vehicles were not left in stock form. The professional landscaper of Grass Masters, Inc. first started out with a passion for intricate Lowriders and slowly moved to big trucks after needing something with enough space to fit plants and shrubs he’d get from nurseries for his various clients.
Over the years, Zaleski has acquired a variety of trucks including:
- A 2000 Ford F-350 Dually that was lifted on 22.5" Diesel wheels, which was his very first truck
- A 2004 F-550 flatbed lifted on 22.5” wheels
- One of the first 2005 F-350 Duallys that was lowered and sat on 24s
- A 2006 F-350 Dually bagged-out on 24” wheels
- A 2007 F-350 bagged on 24s
- The first 2008 F-350 Dually bagged on 24” Diesel Wheels that were direct bolt-ons back in 2007.
- The world’s first 2011 F-350 bagged on 26" direct bolt-on Diesel Wheels
- A 2012 F-550 Flatbed that was lifted on 24s with 37s that were the perfect ride for any off-roading adventures or for hauling plants on job sites.
But now Jay’s riding around in his 2014 Ford F-250 FX4 nicknamed “Silver Bullet,” which sits on custom-built 26” Diesel wheels. Ready for another game-changing truck, Jay decided he wanted to own the first truck in the world that was lifted and rolling on one-off 26x15 off-road, direct bolt-on Rodder-style Diesel Wheels with a BigLugz pattern (which is actually a big rig simulated pattern) wrapped in 37x13.5R26 Tuff MT tires. And he first got the idea from Frank of Red’s Miami, which was also the shop that worked on all of Jay’s other Fords.
To have it ready to display at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, NV, the crew at Red’s busted their tails off for an entire month to get the right fit with the 26s, and to fit the truck with its 10” Fabtech lift with 4-link coilover, AMP Research steps, AnzoUSA headlights with HID upgrade and a de-chromed body, including its bumpers, grille logos and other exterior accents. And to provide it with an extra boost of power, it was tuned with an SCT X4 with Xtreme Diesel Tuning custom tune and it sports a one-off mandrel bent 4” exhaust system by the Red's Miami that was powder coated by the guys at Best Powder Coatings and finished off with a K&N filter kit.
Because Jay wanted a clean off-road truck that wasn’t overdone, he kept the modifications simple, but it still caught SEMA attendees’ attention, with showgoers being drawn to its massive wheel and tire setup. After it returned from SEMA, Jay took Silver Bullet out to the region’s famed Everglades where it performed flawlessly in the dirt and mud. As his daily driver, he still tries to take it off pavement as much as possible and it has more than lived up to his expectations. But if Jay’s patterns hold true, we’re sure he’s already looking to the next build...and Red’s Miami will be up for the challenge.
Gear: 2014 Ford F-250 Silver BulletWheels and Tires
- Rodder-style Diesel Wheels 26x15 2pc direct bolt-on with BigLugz pattern
- 37x13.5R26 Tuff MT tires
- Custom 4” exhaust with 8" tip by Red's Miami and powdercoated by Best Powder Coating
- SCT X4 tuner with custom tune by Xtreme Diesel Tuning
- K&N filter kit
- Fabtech 10" 4-link system with Dirt Logic 4.0 coilover front and 2.25 Dirt Logic reservoir shocks in the rear
- Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 reservoir steering shocks
- Fabtech ladder bars
- G2 differential covers
- One-of-a-kind Phantom billet grilles made at Red’s Miami
- De-chromed and color-matched body
- AnzoUSA headlights
- AMP Research power steps
- Color-matched emblems
Red’s Miami | www.redsmiami.com • AMP Research | www.amp-research.com • AnzoUSA | www.anzousa.com • G2 | www.g2axle.com • Fabtech | www.fabtechmotorsports.com • K&N | www.knfilters.com • SCT Performance | www.sctflash.com